Devaney & Associates received Best of Show honors at the 2020 National Mature Media Awards for our work with Edenwald Senior Living’s Resident Recruitment Campaign. The campaign was 1 of only 5 entries to secure this highest honor, and the sole winner in the Marketing and Advertising Campaign category. This year’s Best of Show winners included:
- Best Social Media: AARP Instagram, AARP
- Best Total Program—Health Promotion & Wellness: Pets & Seniors, Home Instead Senior Care and Sit and Be Fit Lymphatic Health Resources, Sit and Be Fit
- Best Publications/Editorial — Article: Marijuana and Your Health, AARP
- Best Brochure/Booklet — Health Promotion & Wellness: 2020 Wellness Guide, Tufts Health Plan Medicare Preferred
- Best Marketing/Advertising Campaign: Edenwald Resident Recruitment Campaign, Devaney & Associates
Breaking Down the Edenwald Resident Recruitment Campaign
In January 2019, the leadership at Edenwald, a continuing care retirement community in Towson, conducted an analysis of their marketing, and how it was impacting resident recruitment.
Past tactics were not delivering the results that the Edenwald team had hoped for, so they reached out to Devaney & Associates in an effort to make a change. Together, we discovered that they were not capitalizing on some of their best sales and marketing tools, including their Constant Contact database, event invites, and social media pages to recruit new residents. Working with Edenwald’s leadership and sales team, Team D&A established the following goals for future campaigns:
- Raise awareness for Edenwald with seniors in Towson and surrounding areas
- Increase interest and inquiries from potential residents
- Reengage the “active lead” base—prospects who has previously inquired about Edenwald
- Increase monthly event attendance
- Grow Edenwald’s Facebook audience to increase inquiries and awareness
High-Quality Solutions Deliver Impressive Results
After hearing from Edenwald leadership about their concerns with current marketing tactics, Team D&A got to work on a monthly marketing schedule that would engross the senior audience—including those who were unfamiliar with Edenwald and individuals who had previously inquired about their community. The campaign was centered around direct, personalized communication, including:
- Maintaining the client’s event postcards each month, but with new, distinctive themes that spoke to the senior audience, followed by emails to Edenwald’s active lead list in Constant Contact
- Deploying emails with digital retargeting ads to more than 60,000 senior and adult children prospects
- Running Facebook ad campaigns which promoted their events, the community, and the page
- Creating a schedule for engaging content to post on social media, and maintaining the page with frequent posts
Thanks to the collaborative efforts of the client and our marketing team, the recruitment campaign brought interested individuals to Edenwald’s front door; with promoted events reaching capacity, a 171% increase in the Edenwald Facebook audience, and a 96% occupancy rate.
About the 2020 National Mature Media Awards
The awards program, presented by the Mature Market Resource Center, recognizes the nation’s uppermost marketing, communications, educational materials, and programs designed and produced for those in the senior community. This year’s entries were reviewed by a renowned panel of experts from across the country. Entries were scored with a rating scale of 1 to 100, and were judged based on overall content, quality of design, creativity, and significance relating to the senior market.
To view a complete list of winners from the 2020 National Mature Media Awards, please click here.