PR & Social Media Associate Job
Devaney & Associates is looking for a resourceful, detail-oriented professional who is savvy in both traditional news and social media to join our PR team. Our ideal candidate will have 1-4 years of experience in PR/media relations/social media/marketing, a strong working knowledge and understanding of news media outlets (especially in the Baltimore/DC area) and social media platforms, and excellent writing, research, and communication skills.
In this position, you will support the PR director in:
- Developing public relations plans for our growing client base of B2B and B2C brands, and non-profit organizations.
- Managing client social media pages; concepting campaigns and planning/writing/creating content, including blog posts.
- Researching local, national, and trade media outlets, compiling contact lists, obtaining editorial calendars, and identifying opportunities to secure publicity for our clients.
- Writing and distributing press releases, media advisories, story pitches, and conducting follow-up with media via email and phone.
- Coordinating television/radio/podcast appearances and other media interviews, including preparing client background information and talking points.
- Conducting interviews with client subject-matter experts and drafting by-lined articles to be published in media outlets.
- Identifying and submitting our clients for awards and speaking opportunities.
- Tracking, saving, and documenting client media placements.
- Brainstorming, researching, and identifying potential new industry and community partners for our clients.
- Writing articles for client publications, including newsletters, magazines, and annual reports.
Please complete the form below and include your résumé, a cover letter that tells us what makes you the ideal candidate for this position, and up to three portfolio/writing samples.
Devaney & Associates is an award-winning advertising, marketing, and PR agency. We call Owings Mills, Maryland our home, but we market products and services that matter to people around the world. Inside our 250-year-old haunted mansion, you’ll get to flex your creative muscles every day as you help our inspiring roster of clients grow their brands.